Burning Notification Permits
Notification is required prior to burning debris in the Town.
Burning Notification number is 873-6845.
- Burning is authorized during daylight hours only.
- Must be attended at all times.
- Fire must be extinguished prior to dark.
- No fire must be started less than three hours prior to dark (State Law)
- Burning band is issued during high winds or when a Statewide Red Flag Alert is issued by SC Forestry Commission.
- A water hose and rake must be near fire.
- Burning household trash, plastics, rubber and furniture is against state law and a fine could be accessed by SCDHEC.
- Any fire left unattended or burning after dark could result in a citation by the Fire Chief.
- Construction Burning is not allowed without prior Notification and Fire Department on fire watch.